- Check out the latest telehealth news in BCATPR's March newsletter!
- Peer-support mobile app helps women with cardiovascular disease
- BCATPR Workshop, June 13 - The ins and outs of privacy and security for managing patient care
- Heart care at the click of a button - download the virtual cardiac rehab briefing note
- Virtual Cardiac Rehabilitation Program found to reduce heart disease risk
Providing support via text messaging to patients with cardiovascular disease
The Txt2Prevent program is designed to empower and support patients with cardiovascular disease during their transition from hospital back into the community, a period during which patients are vulnerable to readmission and poor outcomes. The Txt2Prevent program integrates care provided in the hospital with patient self-management in the community.
Through the use of text messages, Txt2Prevent will prompt patients about essential behaviours related to managing their health, such as follow-up care, medication use, and healthy lifestyle behaviours. We anticipate that this simple, novel, and low-cost intervention will reduce adverse outcomes and improve patient satisfaction during their integration back into the community.